Litigation Solicitor Opportunity at Monarch Solicitors
We always welcome expression of interests from litigation solicitors for our Manchester office.
You will have a rare opportunity to take charge and develop all aspects of the litigation department and handle all the firms contentious work including CPO Litigation, Tax Litigation, Insolvency, Breach of Contract, Landlord & Tenant & Property Litigation. There will also be some non-contentious work involved such as commercial contract drafting.
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full responsibility.
The opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focussed, self-driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of case work.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for individuals with the following skills & experience:
- Good understanding of company, contract and property law
- Strong commercial awareness for opportunities for the firm and the clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to review cases, provide good quality legal advice and case strategy
- Ability to multi task, wear different ‘hats’ and deal with competing priorities without delay
- Ability to manage all aspects of the litigation department
- Ability to bring cases to an early resolution (either by settlement or trial)
- Focus on results over and above the client’s expectations and experience of delivering exceptional results for the client
- Ability to work to deadlines and maintain a regular schedule of hearings, court appearances and conferences based on case requirements in the firm’s electronic diary and case list.
- Highly conversant with civil procedure rules and litigation case management
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in litigation, such as a particulars of claim, witness statements, costs schedules, applications, orders, part 36 offers
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Ability to take new enquiries from potential clients and engage new work and clients
- Ability to ensure clients are regularly billed, client debts are kept to a bare minimum
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and bill to monthly targets
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running
- Self-discipline to take responsibility own work and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality traits required: High Personal Standards, Ability to work under pressure, Driven, Adaptable, Enthusiastic, Proactive, Team Player and can do attitude
- Additional languages (including Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian or Polish) would be advantageous but not necessary
What’s In It For You:
This opportunity is unrivalled by any other law firm
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and clients
- Exposure to marketing and business development
- Exposure to 16 legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law!
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it
Monarch Solicitors are a niche and respected, award winning commercial law firm based near Spinningfields, Manchester. We are 2 minutes walking distance from Salford central and about 10 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
- Our small but client focused team has become a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and have a significant following in the Chinese market.
- Our ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how we deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
Applications: Apply now with a CV and cover letter for an immediate interview to [email protected]
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.