Property Solicitor Job at Monarch Solicitors
- We have a property solicitor job vacancy in our Manchester office. We are looking for someone to deal with a mixed property role:
- Commercial Property
- Commercial Leases
- Business Sales & Purchases
- Residential Sales & Purchases
- New Build Leasehold
- Residential Lease Extension
- Residential Freehold Purchases (Statutory Enfranchisement)
- Collective Enfranchisement
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full casework responsibility.
This opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focused, self-driven and able to take responsibility for the day to day conduct of case work.
Qualifications and Skills:
We are ideally looking for a qualified solicitor with some experience. Although training can be provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Interested in developing the department and to win new work
- Good understanding of landlord & tenant law, commercial property and residential conveyancing
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in property transactions
- Maintain a case list and diary for each stage of the process
- Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running (although some training can be provided)
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Ability to take new enquiries from potential clients and engage new work and clients
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer/client service
- Self-discipline to take responsibility own work and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Strong IT skills to use case management system
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and to bill to monthly targets
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality traits required: High Personal Standards, Ability to work under pressure, Driven, Adaptable, Enthusiastic, Proactive, Team Player and can do attitude
- Additional languages (including Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian or Polish) would be advantageous but not necessary
- Company pension scheme
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and client
- Greater exposure to fee earning work than traditional firms
- Exposure to 16 legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it
Monarch Solicitors is a respected, award winning commercial law firm based near Spinningfields, Manchester. We are 2 minutes walking distance from Salford Central and about 10 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
- We have a small but client focused team, that is a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and have a significant following in the Chinese market.
- Our ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how we deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
Applications: Apply now with a CV and cover letter for an immediate interview to [email protected]
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.