Property Solicitor Opportunities at Monarch Solicitors
We welcome expression of interests from property solicitors for our Manchester office. We are always open in hearing from property solicitors who have experience in a mixed property role:
- Commercial Property
- Commercial Leases
- Business Sales & Purchases
- Residential Sales & Purchases
- New Build Leasehold
- Residential Lease Extension
- Residential Freehold Purchases (Statutory Enfranchisement)
- Collective Enfranchisement
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full casework responsibility.
The opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focused, self-driven and able to take responsibility for the day to day conduct of case work.
Qualifications and Skills:
We are ideally looking for a qualified solicitor with some experience. Although training can be provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Interested in developing the department and to win new work
- Good understanding of landlord & tenant law, commercial property and residential conveyancing
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in property transactions
- Maintain a case list and diary for each stage of the process
- Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running (although some training can be provided)
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Ability to take new enquiries from potential clients and engage new work and clients
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer/client service
- Self-discipline to take responsibility own work and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Strong IT skills to use case management system
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and to bill to monthly targets
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality traits required: High Personal Standards, Ability to work under pressure, Driven, Adaptable, Enthusiastic, Proactive, Team Player and can do attitude
- Additional languages (including Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian or Polish) would be advantageous but not necessary
- Company pension scheme
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and client
- Greater exposure to fee earning work than traditional firms
- Exposure to 16 legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it
Monarch Solicitors is a respected, award winning commercial law firm based near Spinningfields, Manchester. We are 2 minutes walking distance from Salford Central and about 10 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
- We have a small but client focused team, that is a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and have a significant following in the Chinese market.
- Our ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how we deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
Applications: Apply now with a CV and cover letter for an immediate interview to [email protected]
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.