Start Up Visa
The Start-up Visa category is reserved for early-stage, high potential entrepreneurs who wish to come to the UK to set-up their own business (and replaces the Graduate Entrepreneur Programme).
Benefits of the UK Start-up Visa
- Do not need to invest any capital initially
- Do not need to be a UK graduate
- Can apply 3 months before you travel
- Can obtain a decision within 3 weeks or 8 weeks if you are switching visa
- Can pay lower Home Office application fees if you are form Turkey
- Can stay for 2 years on a Start-up visa (but any time already spent on the Graduate Entrepreneur visa counts towards the 2 years)
- Cannot apply to extend this visa but can switch to the Tier 1 Innovator Visa which provides 3 years stay
- Work for your endorsed business as well as another job
- Can bring family members
- Can take up to 180 days absence from the UK per year
- You cannot apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain
- Can switch to this visa from certain other visas
Specific Eligibility Criteria for the UK Start-up Visa
- You genuinely want to set up and are capable of running a new innovative business with a new idea in the UK
- You must not have previously established a business in the UK, unless you previously held leave as a Graduate Entrepreneur
- Your business or business idea has been endorsed by an approved endorsing body not more than 3 months of you visa application date and shall remain endorsed during your stay under this visa
- Your idea is innovative – Proof of a genuine, original business plan that meets new or existing market needs and/or creates a competitive advantage
- Your idea is viable – Applicants must be able to demonstrate the necessary skills, knowledge and experience, plus market awareness, to run a business competently
- Your idea is scalable – Evidence of structured planning and the potential for job creation and growth into national and international markets
- You will need to provide a business plan and supporting evidence
How Our Start-Up Visa Solicitors Can Help
This is a difficult visa to obtain due to the onerous task of obtaining an endorsement. However, Monarch Solicitors can help ensure you ensure you meet the strict criteria for endorsement and through our network of partners help you prepare your business plan and obtain and endorsement letter.
The requirements for the UK Tier 1 Investor visa are complex so it is best to take early legal advice to ensure the application is not refused and no mistake is made with the investment during the term of the investment.
Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application and carry out all the necessary due diligence to ensure that you meet all the legal requirements and provide all the correct supporting evidence.
In addition, we can assist you and your advisors with introductions to approved investment schemes, banks, wealth managers, estate agents and schools, so you and your family can quickly settle into your new life.
We can also assist with your future business and personal requirements, for example:
- Setting up a Company
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Property Purchase
- Commercial Property Lease
- Buying a Residential Property
- Employment Law
Our international team can provide seamless legal services in the following languages:
In addition, our network of trusted business partners, can help you source and set up premises, obtain a business bank account and help you and your family settle in the UK.
Free UK Business Visa Guide
To assist companies and workers through the business visa options available, please see our FREE PDF GUIDE ON BUSINESS IMMIGRATION or download a copy from the right hand side of this page.
Our free business immigration guide covers:
- Standards (Business) Visitor Visa
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Company
- Turkish Businessperson (Ankara Agreement) Visa
- Turkish Worker Visa
- Innovator Visa
- Start Up Visa
- Tier 1 – Investor Visa
- Tier 1 – Global / Exceptional Talent Visa
- Tier 2 – Sponsored General Work Visa
- Sponsor Licence
More information about sole representative visa can be found at the government website GOV.UK – Start Up Visa.
Price & Service Transparency
At Monarch Solicitors we provide highly competitive legal fees for clients wishing to apply for the sole representative visa. We will provide you with a breakdown of the routine legal costs for a simple freehold purchase from the outset so that you can budget the Start-up visa costs and fees.
Contact our Start-up Visa Solicitors
Our expert immigration lawyers are available to discuss your UK Start-up visa option and the eligibility requirements.
Please contact our UK immigration lawyers for immediate assistance by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our UK immigration solicitors shall call you back.
Alternatively, please call our immigration team on 0330 127 8888 for a free no obligation discussion.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Your initial Start Up visa will be valid for 2 years. If you were previously granted leave as a Graduate Entrepreneur, you will be granted leave for a period that will take you to the 2-year limit.
It is not possible to extend a Start Up visa. This means that Start Up visa holders are not eligible for settlement.
However, at the end of 2 years you will be able to apply for further leave to remain in the Innovator category in order to continue developing your business. The Innovator category can lead to settlement after a further 3 years.
This will take you to the 5-year minimum residence requirement for you to be eligible to make a claim for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide