Tier 2 Sponsored General Worker Visa Solicitors in Manchester and London
The Tier 2 sponsored general worker visa is available for certain occupations under the points-based system, for any individual who obtains sponsorship from a UK employer looking to fill a long-term skilled position.
However, the UK has a skills shortage in the following sectors:
Actuaries, economists and statisticians – only
informatician or bio-informatician
Arts officers, producers and directors
Biological scientists and biochemists
Chefs – extremely limited circumstances
Production and process engineers
Programmers & software development professionals
Cyber security specialist
Design and development engineers
Quality control and planning engineers
Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified
Speech and language therapists
Teachers – maths, physics, physics, computer science and Mandarin
IT business analysts, architects & systems designers
Web design and development professionals
Welding – high integrity pipe welder
Benefits Of The Tier 2 Skilled Work Visa
- Can apply 3 months before you are due to start work in the UK
- Can get a decision within 3 weeks when applying from outside the UK
- Can pay extra for the priority service to obtain a decision within 5 working days
- Can be eligible for lower application fees if you are a Turkish citizen or your job is listed on the Shortage Occupation List
- Can apply for a 3 year or 5 year visa
- Can apply to extend the visa for up to another 5 years, so long as the total stay is not more than 6 years
- Can start your stay 14 days before your employment start date on your Certificate of Sponsorship
- Can stay for up to a maximum of 5 years and 14 days or the time on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus 1 month
- Can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years (without meeting the earnings threshold requirement)
- Can bring family members with you
- Can work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- Can do a part time second job if it is in the same profession as your main job or a profession on the Shortage Occupation List
- Can do unpaid voluntary work
- Can study as long as it does not interfere with the job you are sponsored for
- Can travel abroad and return to the UK
- Can switch from other UK visas
The Tier 2 sponsored general work visa can also be used for entrepreneurs and business owners in certain circumstances.
This may require a little forward planning. Firstly, the entrepreneur will need to arrange a trusted business contact to form a UK business to apply for a sponsor licence.
Once this difficult hurdle has been overcome the entrepreneur can purchase shares in the business and apply for a Tier 2 Sponsored General Work Visa.
Alternatively, if the entrepreneur owns a company overseas, an employee could be sent to the UK under the sole representative visa route to set up a subsidiary.
Specific Eligibility Criteria For The Tier 2 General Work Visa
- You have been offered a full time temporary or permanent skilled job in the UK
- You cannot own more than 10% of your sponsor’s shares (unless you earn more than £159,600 a year)
- You must work for a licenced sponsor (but this can be as a shareholding director remunerated by way of dividends and/or salary)
- Your sponsor issues a compliant certificate of sponsorship to prove that you can do the job they are hiring for and if it qualifies you for a visa
- You must use your Certificate of Sponsorship within 3 months of it being issued
- You will be paid at least £30,000 per year or the ‘appropriate rate’ on the relevant SOC code for the job offered if you own less than 10% of your sponsors shares – whichever is higher (unless you work in an exempt category)
- If you are under 26 years of age and come under the new applicant criteria the slary requirement is £20,800
- The role must be at least graded as level 6 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (roughly degree level — which would be the case for management/director roles)
- The requirements of the resident labour market test requirements are met unless your job is listed in the Shortage Occupation List or the salary is £159,600 or more
- You have £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply unless you have a fully approved A rated sponsor who can confirm in the certificate of sponsorship that they shall cover this amount for your costs
How Our Tier 2 Sponsored General Work Visa Solicitors Can Help
At Monarch solicitors we can help you prepare you application and ensure all the criteria are met. This can include preparing a sponsorship licence for your employer if they do not already have one.
The requirements for the UK Tier 2 Sponsored General Worker visa are complex so it is best to take early legal advice to ensure the application is not refused and no mistake is made with the preparation of the application.
Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application and carry out all the necessary due diligence to ensure that you meet all the legal requirements and provide all the correct supporting evidence.
We can also assist with your future business and personal requirements, for example:
- Setting up a Company
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Property Purchase
- Commercial Property Lease
- Buying a Residential Property
- Employment Law
Our international team can provide seamless legal services in the following languages:
In addition, our network of trusted business partners, can help you source and set up premises, obtain a business bank account and help you and your family settle in the UK.
Free UK Business Visa Guide
To assist companies and workers through the business visa options available, please see our FREE PDF GUIDE ON BUSINESS IMMIGRATION or download a copy from the right hand side of this page.
Our free business immigration guide covers:
- Standard (Business) Visitor Visa
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Company
- Turkish Businessperson (Ankara Agreement) Visa
- Turkish Worker Visa
- Innovator Visa
- Start Up Visa
- Tier 1 – Investor Visa
- Tier 1 – Global / Exceptional Talent Visa
- Tier 2 – Sponsored General Work Visa
- Sponsor Licence
More information about sole representative visa can be found at the government website GOV.UK – Tier 2 General Work Visa.
Price & Service Transparency
At Monarch Solicitors we provide highly competitive legal fees for clients wishing to apply for the Tier 2 Sponsored General Work visa. We will provide you with a breakdown of the routine legal costs for a simple Tier 2 Sponsored General Work visa from the outset so that you can budget the costs and fees for the Tier 2 Sponsored General Work visa.
Contact Our Tier 2 Sponsored General Work Visa Solicitors
Our expert immigration lawyers are available to discuss your UK Tier 2 Sponsored General Work visa option and the eligibility requirements.
Please contact our UK immigration lawyers for immediate assistance by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our UK immigration solicitors shall call you back.
Alternatively, please call our immigration team on 0330 127 8888 for a free no obligation discussion.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Any employer who is a licenced sponsor will need to provide you with a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) for you to apply for a Tier 2 General Work visa.
If your employer is not a licenced sponsor, they can become a licenced sponsor by making an application to the Home Office.
You may in some cases need to prove your knowledge of the English language.
If you need to prove your knowledge of English then you can do so by either:
- Passing an approved English language test in reading, writing, speaking and listening with a CEFR level B1 or above
- Obtained an academic qualification that was taught in English and is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD according to the UK NARIC
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide