Turkish Businessperson (Ankara Agreement) Visa Solicitors in Manchester and London
The Turkish Businessperson Visa is a unique UK visa option for Turkish citizens only who want to come to the UK to set up a new business or help run an established business. Known as the Ankara Agreement this visa option stems from the European Community Association Agreement between Turkey and the EU, and the old provisions in force in 1973 when the UK joined the EU still apply to all applications.
If you are not a Turkish Citizen, you could first consider the Turkish Citizenship & Residency Programme which grants residency, citizenship and a second passport to individuals investing either in real estate, shares or a bank deposit in Turkey.
Benefits Of Turkish Businessperson Visa
- Can apply 3 months before the date of travel
- Can receive a decision within 12 weeks when applying from outside the UK
- Can stay in the UK for 1 year initially
- Can extend the visa for another 1 year and then another 3 years
- Can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years
- Can spend no more than 180 days per year outside the UK
- Can switch into this visa from another category (except visitor visa)
- Can bring your family
- No initial Home Office fees payable for this visa (usually starting from £1,000 +)
- No minimum capital or job creation requirement
- No life in the UK Test or English language requirement
- No healthcare surcharges (usually around £1,000 +)
- No minimum income threshold (usually starting from £18,600 +)
Specific Eligibility Criteria for the UK Turkish Businessperson Visa
You may apply for a Turkish Businessperson Visa to the UK if:
- You are a Turkish citizen
- You genuinely want to set up a business or run a pre-existing business
- You must not be employed but can be a company director for your own business
- You can prove you have enough funds to set up or contribute to a business
- You can prove that the dividends you are paid from the business are enough to support yourself and family (if applicable)
- You have the skills and ability to play an active and essential role in the business
- There is a genuine need for your services and investment
- You have not started trading or even started to research or prepare to start trading whilst in the UK on a temporary admission (this will be a breach of your temporary visa)
Brexit Impact on Turkish Businessperson Visa
As the Turkish Businessperson visa benefits from an agreement relating to the UK’s membership of the EU, this visa option will close to new applicants after the transitional period.
The UK officially left the EU at 11pm on 31 January 2020 and ceased to be a member state. However, under the withdrawal agreement the UK then entered into a transitional period, during which the UK shall uphold the obligations of a member state until 31 December 2020. The UK could request an extension once by up to 2 years before 01 July 2020.
After the transition period the UK will be fully out of the European Union, under whatever terms it has agreed as a future relationship, with the Withdrawal Agreement providing a bedrock.
How Our Turkish Businessperson Lawyers Can Help
The UK is Turkey’s second largest export destination, with an average $17 billion of annual bilateral trade. If you are a Turkish citizen, we can assist you in making the transition to expand your business operations to the UK.
If you are not yet a Turkish citizen, through our network of partners including Real Estate providers, Investment Agencies and Lawyers dealing with the Turkish Citizenship and Residency Programme, we can help you to take the first step to obtain Turkish Citizenship and then help you transition to the UK.
Although, the Turkish Businessperson visa is the most flexible visa option available, given the imminent deadline for applications, careful pre-application advice and planning is required.
Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application and ensure that you meet all the legal requirements and provide all the correct supporting evidence.
We can also assist with your future business and personal requirements, for example:
- Setting up a Company
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Property Purchase
- Commercial Property Lease
- Buying a Residential Property
- Employment Law
Our international team can provide seamless legal services in the following languages:
In addition, our network of trusted business partners, can help you source and set up premises, obtain a business bank account and help you and your family settle in the UK.
Free UK Business Visa Guide
To assist companies and workers through the business visa options available, please see our FREE PDF GUIDE ON BUSINESS IMMIGRATION or download a copy from the right hand side of this page.
Our free business immigration guide covers:
- Standard (Business) Visitor Visa
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Company
- Turkish Businessperson (Ankara Agreement) Visa
- Turkish Worker Visa
- Innovator Visa
- Start Up Visa
- Tier 1 – Investor Visa
- Tier 1 – Global / Exceptional Talent Visa
- Tier 2 – Sponsored General Work Visa
- Sponsor Licence
More information about sole representative visa can be found at the government website GOV.UK – Turkish Businessperson Visa.
Price & Service Transparency
At Monarch Solicitors we provide highly competitive legal fees for clients wishing to apply for the Turkish Businessperson visa. We will provide you with a breakdown of the routine legal costs for a simple Turkish Businessperson visa from the outset so that you can budget the costs and fees for the Turkish Businessperson visa.
Contact Our Ankara Agreement Immigration Lawyers
Our expert immigration lawyers are available to discuss your UK Turkish Businessperson visa option and the eligibility requirements.
Please contact our UK immigration lawyers for immediate assistance by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our UK immigration solicitors shall call you back.
Alternatively, please call our immigration team on 0330 127 8888 for a free no obligation discussion.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide