Manchester & London Solicitors



EEA Family Member Visas

EEA Family Member Visas

Pre and Settled Status under the Immigration Rules Appendix EU

If you qualify, you may be able to register for Settled Status and have your right to work and live in the UK indefinitely confirmed.

Whether you can apply depends on the requirement that you have been resident in the UK for five years before the end of 31 December 2020 being met. There are also eligibility conditions which must be met, and our team of expert immigration lawyers can advise you as to whether you meet them or not.

EEA Family Permit

This allows non-EEA family members entry to join EEA nations who currently or intend to reside in the UK. Technically, you do not need a visa as permission to enter can be made at the border. However, certain airlines will refuse to carry you if you do not have a permit and immigration official may refuse you access. Therefore, it is better to have a permit before you travel.

An EEA Family permit is valid for six months and can be re-applied for or converted to an EEA Family Residence Card via an application.

As with all other types of visas, there are certain requirements that need to be met and our expert team of immigration lawyers can advise you as to whether you meet these requirements and what documentation you will need to send with your application.


Unfortunately, refusal for an EEA Family Permit or an EEA Residence Card can happy even if all documentation is correct. Monarch’s expert team of immigration solicitors can assist in understanding why you have been refused and support you in any appeal.

There are many reasons for refusal, such as:

  • Failing to include the correct documentation;
  • Failing to show you are exercising your treaty rights;
  • Questions over an alleged marriage/relationship;

The best way to avoid these reasons it to seek legal advice before you submit your application.

Contact our Immigration Solicitors:

If you would like to enquire for any of our immigration services please complete our online contact form here or send an email to us at [email protected] and one of our solicitors shall call you back.

Alternatively, please call our immigration solicitors on 0330 127 8888  for a no obligation discussion.

Contact Us Today

Members of


Most frequent questions and answers

It is free. However, if the application is refused there is no right of appeal, except for an Administrative Review. Therefore, it is vital your application is correct.

This depends. You may be exercising your right under EU law as a job seeker. Our team can analyse your position and advise you on this.

This will depend on why type of application you have made. For an EEA Family Permit, only the EEA national will attend. If it is for an EEA Residence Permit, then both you and the EEA nation can attend. If you elect to have the appeal heard on paper, then no one will have to attend.

Solicitors you can trust

Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide 

Austin Kemp
Austin Kemp
Read More
"Monarch Solicitors provide exceptional, skilled attorney who handles client's cases with compassion and understanding. I recommend her highly!"
Peter Istrate
Peter Istrate
Moxels Digital Agency
Read More
"Shazda, not just that advised me for the best solution but she went beyond in advising for future needs that we may be having at our creative agency, so much that we decided to work with them exclusively. I highly recommend!"
Katie Sharp
Katie Sharp
Read More
"Used Monarch for a freehold Purchase. Excellent service was kept informed of the process. Always willing to have a chat if needed. Thanks in particular to Nasira for her help would definitely recommend"

Contact Us

If you need legal advice, call our expert solicitors or fill in our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Request a call back

Please provide us with your details and we will call you back.