UK International Sportsperson Visa Solicitors in Manchester and London with expert knowledge of UK Visas
This visa has replaced the Sportsperson (T2) visa and the sporting part of the Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting visa (T5). The International Sportsperson visa allows elite sportspeople or qualified coaches to come to the UK to develop their sport at the highest level.
- Can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK
- Can get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks if you apply outside the UK or 8 weeks if you apply from inside the UK
- Can stay in the UK up to 3 years
- Can extend your visa as long as you are still eligible
- Can apply for Indefinite to Remain after 5 years
- Can work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- Can do a second job in certain circumstances
- Can play for your national team in the UK
- Can work as sports broadcaster
- Can do voluntary work
- Can study
- Can travel abroad and return to the UK
- Can bring your family
- Cannot get public funds
- Cannot start or run a business
- Cannot apply for a second job until you have started working for your sponsor
Basic Eligibility Criteria (exact requirements dependant on circumstances)
- You must have a valid certificate of sponsorship
- You must meet the English language requirement
- You must have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK
- You must show your travel history over the last 5 years
- You must provide your tuberculosis test results if you are from a listed country
How we can help
At Monarch solicitors, we can help you prepare your application and ensure all the criteria are met. This can include preparing a sponsorship licence for your employer if they do not already have one.
Contact Our UK International Sportsperson Visa Solicitors
We would like to discuss your lease enfranchisement requirements directly to find out how we can help.
Please contact our immigration team by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our solicitors shall call you back.
Alternatively, please call our immigration solicitors on 0330 127 8888 for a free no-obligation discussion.
We are also able to leverage an international network spanning across Hong Kong, Turkey and Dubai to provide seamless assistance with cross-border matters relating to International Sportsperson visas.
Call us for a free initial consultation
A UK International Sportsperson will last 12 months or less, you should apply for an extension on your visa before it ends to do this you will need to be recognised and endorsed by your sports governing body as being the highest international level sportsperson.
The International Sportsperson visa allows elite sportspeople or qualified coaches to come to the UK to develop their sport at the highest level.
If you are applying for a UK International Sportsperson Visa which exceeds 12 months you must have English language skills at a level A1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for language in speaking and listening.
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide