Immigration Solicitors in Manchester and London Specialising in UK Family Visas
If you have a family member in the UK and you want to live with them for more than 6 months you will need to apply for a Family Visa.
If your family member is on a work or student visa you will have to apply to stay with them as a dependant.
Benefits Of The Family Visa
- Can apply to live with your:
- Spouse or civil partner
- Fiancé, fiancée, or proposed civil partner
- Relative who’ll provide long-term care for you
- Can switch to this visa from another visa
- Can get a decision in 3 months if you apply from outside the UK
- Can get a decision in 2 months if you apply form inside the UK
- Decision making may take longer if the Home Office require further information from you
- Can apply for an expedited service to get your visa decision sooner
Specific Eligibility Criteria For The Family Visa
Partner or Spouse
- You and your partner are both over the age of 18
- Your partner is a British Citizen, settled in the UK, or has humanitarian or refugee status
- You and your partner must intend to live together
- Can show your marriage or civil partnership is recognised in the UK
- Can show you have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years
- Can show you intend to marry or enter a civil partnership in 6 months
- If you are applying as a fiancé or a fiancée you must show that you are legally able to marry
- Some of the criteria above can be waived if good reason is given
- Can stay for 2.5 years
- If you can apply as a partner or spouse you must use that route
- Your child must be living in the UK
- Your child must fit one of the following criteria:
- They’re a British Citizen
- They’ve settled in the UK
- They’ve lived in the UK for 7 years continuously
- Your child’s other parent must not be your partner
- You must be able to show you have an active role in your child’s life
- Can stay up to 2.5 years and then apply to extend
- You may be able to settle in the UK if your parent has indefinite leave to remain or any other permanent residency
- If you were born in the UK you have the same right of residency that your parents have
- If you are under 18 you can be added to your parents next application as a dependant
- If you are over 18 you can only be included as a dependant if you do not live an independent life
- If you are born outside the UK your rights will depend on your age and your parent’s situation
- I you are under 18 you must not be married and you must eb financially supported.
- If you are under 18 you can only apply if you do not live an independent life
Adult coming to be cared for by a relative
- You are applying because you need to be cared for by a relative in the UK
- That relative must be either a British Citizen, settled in the UK, or have humanitarian or refugee status
- You need long term care to do every day personal tasks
- The care you need is not available or affordable in your country
- The person you are joining in the UK will be able to support and care for you without the need for public funds for at least 5 years
- You’re over 18
On the basis of your private life
- You are under 18 and have lived in the UK for at least 7 years
- You are between 18-24 and have lived in the UK for at least half of your life
- 25 or over and have lived continuously in the UK for over 20 years
How Our Family Visa Solicitors Can Help
Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application for a Family Visa. Our expert immigration lawyers shall help you ensure that you application meets the eligibility requirements and ensure you submit all the correct supporting documents.
We can also assist with your future requirements, for example:
Our international team can provide seamless legal services in the following languages:
In addition, our network of trusted business partners, can help you source and set up premises, obtain a business bank account and help you and your family settle in the UK.
Free UK Visa Guide
To assist companies and workers through the business visa options available, please see our FREE PDF GUIDE ON PERSONAL IMMIGRATION or download a copy from the right-hand side of this page.
Our free personal immigration guide covers:
More information about sole representative visa can be found at the government website GOV.UK – Work Visa.
Price & Service Transparency
At Monarch Solicitors we provide highly competitive legal fees for clients wishing to apply for the personal visas. We will provide you with a breakdown of the routine legal costs for a simple freehold purchase from the outset so that you can budget the visa costs and fees.
Contact Our Family Visa Solicitors
Our expert immigration lawyers are available to discuss your UK Personal visa option and the eligibility requirements.
Please contact our UK immigration lawyers for immediate assistance by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our UK immigration solicitors shall call you back.
Alternatively, please call our immigration team on 0330 127 8888 for a free no obligation discussion.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Those subject to immigration control and holders of an Unmarried Partner Visa or Same-Sex Partner Visa will not be able to rely on public funds during their limited leave to remain visas.
If you are a single parent, the following conditions will need to be met for your child to obtain a UK Dependant Visa:
- You are the sole surviving parent of the child(ren); or
- You have ‘sole responsibility’ for the child(ren); or
- There are serious or compelling family considerations which must be considered by an immigration official examining your application.
The best way to prove you and your spouse/civil partner have been cohabitating over the course of your visa is to provide items such as utility bills in both your names and bank statements showing rent or mortgage payments coming out of a joint account as part of the documents you submit with your visa extension application.
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide