Manchester Solicitors delivering exceptional legal services at an affordable price.

Manchester & London Solicitors



UK Family Visas

Immigration Solicitors in Manchester and London Specialising in UK Family Visas

If you have a family member in the UK and you want to live with them for more than 6 months you will need to apply for a Family visa UK. Our immigration solicitors can help you apply for UK family visas.

If your family member is on a work or student visa you will have to apply to stay with them as a dependant. 

Benefits Of The Family Visa

  • Can apply to live with your:
    • Spouse or civil partner
    • Fiancé, fiancée, or proposed civil partner
    • Child
    • Parent
    • Relative who’ll provide long-term care for you
  • Can switch to this visa from another visa
  • Can get a decision in 3 months if you apply from outside the UK
  • Can get a decision in 2 months if you apply form inside the UK
  • Decision making may take longer if the Home Office require further information from you
  • Can apply for an expedited service to get your visa decision sooner

Specific Eligibility Criteria For UK Family Visas

Partner or Spouse

  • You and your partner are both over the age of 18
  • Your partner is a British Citizen, settled in the UK, or has humanitarian or refugee status
  • You and your partner must intend to live together
  • Can show your marriage or civil partnership is recognised in the UK
  • Can show you have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years
  • Can show you intend to marry or enter a civil partnership in 6 months
  • If you are applying as a fiancé or a fiancée you must show that you are legally able to marry
  • Some of the criteria above can be waived if good reason is given
  • Can stay in the UK for 2.5 years


  • If you can apply as a partner or spouse you must use that route
  • Your child must be living in the UK
  • Your child must fit one of the following criteria:
    • They’re a British Citizen
    • They’ve settled in the UK
    • They’ve lived in the UK for 7 years continuously
  • Your child’s other parent must not be your partner
  • You must be able to show you have an active role in your child’s life
  • Can stay in the UK up to 2.5 years and then apply to extend


  • You may be able to settle in the UK if your parent has Indefinite Leave to Remain or any other permanent residency
  • If you were born in the UK you have the same right of residency that your parents have
    • If you are under 18 you can be added to your parents next application as a dependant
    • If you are over 18 you can only be included as a dependant if you do not live an independent life
  • If you are born outside the UK your rights will depend on your age and your parent’s situation
    • If you are under 18 you must not be married and you must be financially supported. 
    • If you are under 18 you can only apply if you do not live an independent life

Adult coming to be cared for by a relative

  • You are applying because you need to be cared for by a relative in the UK
  • That relative must be either a British Citizen, settled in the UK, or have humanitarian or refugee status
  • You need long term care to do every day personal tasks
  • The care you need is not available or affordable in your country
  • The person you are joining in the UK will be able to support and care for you without the need for public funds for at least 5 years
  • You’re over 18 years old

On the basis of your private life

  • If you are under 18 and have lived in the UK for at least 7 years
  • If you are between 18-24 and have lived in the UK for at least half of your life
  • If you are 25 or over and have lived continuously in the UK for over 20 years

How Our Family Visa Solicitors Can Help with UK Family Visas

Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application for UK Family visas. Our expert immigration lawyers shall help you ensure that youR application meets the eligibility requirements and ensure you submit all the correct supporting documents.

We can also assist with your future requirements, for example:

Our international team can provide seamless legal services in the following languages:

In addition, our network of trusted business partners, can help you source and set up premises, obtain a business bank account and help you and your family settle in the UK. 

More information about sole representative visa can be found at the government website GOV.UK – Work Visa.

Price & Service Transparency

At Monarch Solicitors we provide highly competitive legal fees for clients wishing to apply for the Family visa. We will provide you with a breakdown of the routine legal costs for a simple family or spouse visa from the outset so that you can budget the costs and fees for the Family visa.

Contact Our Family Visa Solicitors

Our expert immigration lawyers are available to discuss your Family visa option and the eligibility requirements.

Please contact our UK immigration lawyers for immediate assistance by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our UK immigration solicitors shall call you back. 

Alternatively, please call our immigration team on 0330 127 8888 for a free no obligation discussion.

Monarch Solicitors is a leading UK law firm with specialist family visa solicitors ready to offer their expertise. Our award-winning Manchester solicitorsLondon solicitors and Birmingham solicitors offer their legal expertise nationally and internationally.

We are also able to leverage an international network spanning across Hong KongTurkey and Dubai to provide seamless assistance with cross-border matters relating to UK family visas.

Contact Us Today

By submitting the form you agree to our Privacy Policy and Privacy Notice
Members of
Monarch Solicitors Brand Stripes


Most frequent questions and answers

Those subject to immigration control and holders of an Unmarried Partner Visa or Same-Sex Partner Visa will not be able to rely on public funds during their limited leave to remain visas.

If you are a single parent, the following conditions will need to be met for your child to obtain a UK Dependant Visa:

  • You are the sole surviving parent of the child(ren); or
  • You have ‘sole responsibility’ for the child(ren); or
  • There are serious or compelling family considerations which must be considered by an immigration official examining your application.

The best way to prove you and your spouse/civil partner have been cohabitating over the course of your visa is to provide items such as utility bills in both your names and bank statements showing rent or mortgage payments coming out of a joint account as part of the documents you submit with your visa extension application.

Solicitors you can trust

Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide 

Austin Kemp
Austin Kemp
Read More
"Monarch Solicitors provide exceptional, skilled attorney who handles client's cases with compassion and understanding. I recommend her highly!"
Peter Istrate
Peter Istrate
Moxels Digital Agency
Read More
"Shazda, not just that advised me for the best solution but she went beyond in advising for future needs that we may be having at our creative agency, so much that we decided to work with them exclusively. I highly recommend!"
Katie Sharp
Katie Sharp
Read More
"Used Monarch for a freehold Purchase. Excellent service was kept informed of the process. Always willing to have a chat if needed. Thanks in particular to Nasira for her help would definitely recommend"
Monarch Solicitors Google Reviews

Contact Us

If you need legal advice, call our expert solicitors or fill in our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
By submitting the form you agree to our Privacy Policy and Privacy Notice

Request a call back

Please provide us with your details and we will call you back.

subscribe to our newsletter

By signing up to our newsletter you agree to Monarch Solicitors’ Privacy Policy Terms