Employment Tribunal Representation
Employment Tribunals help employees who feel they have been unlawfully mistreated. Employees can take their employer to an employment tribunal in relation to discrimination, unfair dismissal, or any other unlawful contractual dispute. Our solicitors can assist you by providing professional employment tribunal representation.
It is extremely important that you first seek specialist legal advice for the following reasons:
- The procedure leading up to the hearing can be complex.
- The application will need to properly set out in detail the grounds of your complaint.
- There is a strict time limitation and you must have completed ACAS Early Conciliation before you can make the application to the Employment Tribunal and you must have completed ACAS Early Conciliation before you can make the application to the Employment Tribunal.
- The most relevant aspect of your case may not receive enough consideration by the Tribunal if not correctly set out by a specialist employment law solicitor.
At the hearing you have 3 choices:
- Represent yourself. This costs nothing (other than the employment tribunal hearing fee).
- Have a solicitor or barrister represent you.
- Have a solicitor and a barrister present.
Compensation is the main remedy in most Employment Tribunal claims.
However, the amount of compensation varies as compensation can be made up of several elements like Financial losses including loss of earnings, injury to feelings or even personal injury compensation.
For instance: Most injury to feelings awards made by Employment Tribunals are of up to £6,000 (i.e. within the lowest band of the Vento scale) depending on the case. The maximum award for injury to feelings will usually be around £30,000 in the most serious cases.
Contact Our Employment Tribunal Solicitors
If you would like to enquire about any matters regarding employment tribunals please complete our online contact form here or send an email to us at [email protected] and one of our solicitors shall call you back. Alternatively, please call our employment tribunal solicitors on 0330 127 8888 for a no obligation discussion.
For more information regarding legal funding options, please click here for more information.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Employment tribunals make decisions about employment disputes. This includes cases about things like unfair dismissal, redundancy and discrimination. There are also many other sorts of claim that can be brought.
There are short, very strict time limits for making a claim to an employment tribunal. In most cases, you have three months less one day from the date of dismissal, but time limits can be different for some situations. Time limits are affected by the ACAS early conciliation scheme which is compulsory for most claims.
If you have a representative, they will normally do all the case preparation and act as your representative at the tribunal. This can remove a lot of the stress that an employment tribunal can cause. Usually, you will only have to speak at the tribunal to give your evidence.
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide