Our services are still available during the lockdown, see our coronavirus updates

Manchester & London Solicitors



UK Visitor Visa

Immigration Solicitors in Manchester and London Specialising in UK Visitor Visas

The Standard Visitor Visa allows the holder to come to the UK for a short period of time to take part in private activities such as holiday, visiting family or other private reasons such as private medical treatment. This visa is designed to be flexible and allow most activities of a genuine short-term visitor. You can also conduct certain business on this visa, for more information please see out UK Standard (Business) Visitor Visa page. 

Benefits of the Standard Visitor Visa

  • Can stay in the UK for up to 6 months
  • Can extend the visa if you are coming to the UK for private medical treatment (up to 11months) or you are an academic coming to the UK for research purposes (up to 12 months)
  • Can apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit, if you need to visit the UK regularly 
  • Can apply up to 3 months before you intend to travel 
  • Can receive a decision from within 3 weeks if you apply from outside the UK
  • Can come for general travel, passing through, or other personal reasons
  • Can attend a conference, meeting or training
  • Can undertake private medical treatment
  • Can come to the UK for the purpose of donating an organ
  • Can participate in certain sports events
  • Can perform in the UK if you are an artist, entertainer or musician 
  • You must not intend to stay permanently

Specific Eligibility Criteria for Standard Visitor Visa

  • You can show that you will leave the UK at the end of your visa
  • You are able to support yourself and your dependants for the duration of your trip
  • You have enough funds to pay for your return or onward travel and any costs relating to your visit
  • If you are coming to the UK for a private medical procedure you must have proof of the procedure
  • If you are coming to the UK to donate an organ you must have proof of the procedure and proof that you are related to the recipient of your donation
  • You will comply with the Visitor Rules
  • You must provide details of where you are going to stay in the UK
  • Details of your home address and yearly income

How our Standard Visitor Visa solicitors can help

Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application for a Standard Visitor visa.  Our expert immigration lawyers shall help you ensure that you application meets the eligibility requirements and ensure you submit all the correct supporting documents.

We can also assist with your future requirements, for example:

Our international team can provide seamless legal services in the following languages:

In addition, our network of trusted business partners, can help you source and set up premises, obtain a business bank account and help you and your family settle in the UK.

 Free UK Visa Guide

To assist companies and workers through the business visa options available, please see our FREE PDF GUIDE ON PERSONAL IMMIGRATION or download a copy from the right-hand side of this page.

Our free personal immigration guide covers:

More information about sole representative visa can be found at the government website GOV.UK – Work Visa.  

Price & Service Transparency

At Monarch Solicitors we provide highly competitive legal fees for clients wishing to apply for the personal visas.  We will provide you with a breakdown of the routine legal costs for a simple freehold purchase from the outset so that you can budget the visa costs and fees.

Contact our UK Standard Visitor Visa Solicitors

Our expert immigration lawyers are available to discuss your UK Personal visa option and the eligibility requirements.

Please contact our UK immigration lawyers for immediate assistance by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our UK immigration solicitors shall call you back. 

Alternatively, please call our immigration team on 0330 127 8888 for a free no obligation discussion.

Monarch’s award winning legal team are based in Manchester and London, serving client nationally.

Contact Us Today

Members of
Monarch Solicitors Brand Stripes


Most frequent questions and answers

Those subject to immigration control and holders of an Unmarried Partner Visa or Same-Sex Partner Visa will not be able to rely on public funds during their limited leave to remain visas.

If you are a single parent, the following conditions will need to be met for your child to obtain a UK Dependant Visa:

  • You are the sole surviving parent of the child(ren); or
  • You have ‘sole responsibility’ for the child(ren); or
  • There are serious or compelling family considerations which must be considered by an immigration official examining your application.

The best way to prove you and your spouse/civil partner have been cohabitating over the course of your visa is to provide items such as utility bills in both your names and bank statements showing rent or mortgage payments coming out of a joint account as part of the documents you submit with your visa extension application.

Solicitors you can trust

Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide 

Austin Kemp
Austin Kemp
Read More
"Monarch Solicitors provide exceptional, skilled attorney who handles client's cases with compassion and understanding. I recommend her highly!"
Peter Istrate
Peter Istrate
Moxels Digital Agency
Read More
"Shazda, not just that advised me for the best solution but she went beyond in advising for future needs that we may be having at our creative agency, so much that we decided to work with them exclusively. I highly recommend!"
Katie Sharp
Katie Sharp
Read More
"Used Monarch for a freehold Purchase. Excellent service was kept informed of the process. Always willing to have a chat if needed. Thanks in particular to Nasira for her help would definitely recommend"
Monarch Solicitors Google Reviews

Contact Us

If you need legal advice, call our expert solicitors or fill in our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Request a call back

Please provide us with your details and we will call you back.