Intellectual property rights are one of the most important issues for a business in this modern age. For some companies, their business depends on their brand and reputation. Therefore, they need to know the risks and opportunities, and the law that protect them.
Monarch Solicitors can help you plan how to manage any risks and take advantage of the opportunities. We can also help you deal quickly with any problems with alleged and actual infringements of your Intellectual Property rights.
What can we do?
- We can help protect your brand and designs by advising you on how to apply for trademarks or registered design protection
- We can help you prepare and file patent applications
- We can give advice on copyright and how to qualify for the rights associated with them
- We can support and advise you in resolving disputes relating to your Intellectual Property rights quickly and with as little cost as possible
Contact our Corporate Solicitors:
If you would like to enquire about any matters relating to intellectual property please complete our online contact form here or send an email to us at [email protected] and one of our solicitors shall call you back.
Alternatively, please call our corporate solicitors on 0330 127 8888 for a no obligation discussion.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Intellectual property rights generally fall into four main areas: copyright, trade marks, design rights and patents. Just as the law protects ownership of personal property and real estate, it also protects the exclusive control of certain intangible assets, in this case intellectual property. The idea behind intellectual property laws is to grant certain time limited monopolies or exclusive rights in exchange for complying with certain registration formalities or qualifying conditions.
For individuals and companies, intellectual property law protects more than just an idea or a concept – it protects genuine business assets that may be integral to the core services of a business, its overall value and its long-term financial viability. This is a complex area of law, and there are many traps and pitfall you can encounter if trying to navigate on your own.
A wide range of different issues can arise relating to a wide range of intellectual property areas, including:
- Copyright (music, film and all forms of new media)
- Confidential information and database protection
- Design and advertising rights
- Passing off
- Patents (including regulatory compliance)
- Sports merchandising and sponsorship
- Trade libel
- Trade marks (UK, European and worldwide)
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide