Manchester Solicitors delivering exceptional legal services at an affordable price.

Manchester & London Solicitors


Work & business visas

Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa

Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa Solicitors in Manchester and London

The Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa allows the holder to come to the UK and work for the length of their sponsorship plus 28 days. It was introduced to replace the old working holidaymaker visa. 

There are 5 categories of the Temporary Worker Visa, including:

  1. Charity Worker Visa
  2. Creative and Sporting Visa
  3. Government Authorised Exchange Visa
  4. International Agreement Visa
  5. Religious Worker Visa
  6. Seasonal Worker Visa
  7. Youth Mobility Scheme Visa


  • Can apply 3-6 months before you are due to start work in the UK
  • Can get a decision within 3 weeks when applying from outside the UK
  • Flexible visa lengths
  • Can stay in the UK for an extra 28 days from the day your sponsorship ends
  • Can pay for a priority service to get a decision in 5 working days or super-priority for a decision in 2 working days
  • Can study 
  • Can take up a second job provided it is in the same sector as your main job and for no more than 20 hours a week
  • In most cases you must have a valid certificate of sponsorship. You will only be allowed to leave and return to the UK if your certificate is valid for multiple entry
  • Bring your family (except the Seasonal Worker and Youth Mobility Scheme Visa)
  • Have at least £945 in savings (unless sponsor is responsible for your maintenance)

Specific Eligibility Criteria

Each Temporary Worker Visa category has their own specific eligibility requirements.

Charity Worker Visa:

  • Want to do unpaid volunteer work for a charity
  • Certificate of sponsorship from your employer that can be valid for multiple entry allowing you to leave and return to the UK
  • You can extend your visa for up to 1 year so long as you continue to meet the eligibility requirements

Creative and Sporting Visa:

  • You have been offered work in the UK as a creative or sports person
  • Sports persons can work as a sports broadcaster or a sports person even to compete in BUCS events
  • You will need a certificate of sponsorship
  • Creative workers must be making a unique contribution to the UK labour market and be paid a minimum salary in line with Equity, PACT and BECTU
  • You can have multiple jobs and multiple sponsors

Government Authorised Exchange Visa:

  • Want to come to the UK for a short time for work experience, training, Overseas English Language Programme, research or fellowship
  • Certificate of sponsorship from an approved sponsor
  • Can stay in the UK for up to 2 years

International Agreement Visa:

  • You are contracted to do work covered by international law, for example working for a foreign government, a diplomatic household, or for an international organisation
  • You have a certificate of sponsorship that can be valid for multiple entry
  • You can switch to this visa from inside the UK and stay for 2 years with the option of extending

Religious Worker Visa:

  • You want to do religious work such as preaching or working in a religious order
  • You have a certificate of sponsorship detailing the religious work your will be carrying out

Seasonal Worker Visa:

  • You cannot work a second job that is not described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • You can only stay in the UK for up to 6 months and you cannot take a permanent job or bring family members with you

Youth Mobility Scheme Visa:

  • You can live and work in the UK for up to 2 years
  • You must be between the ages of 18-30
  • You must hold a type of British Nationality or be from on of the following countries:
      • Australia
      • Canada
      • Japan
      • Monaco
      • New Zealand
      • Hong Kong
      • Republic of Korea
      • Taiwan
  • You must have at least £1,890 in savings
  • You cannot bring family and you must not have any children you are financially responsible for
  • You can be self-employed and set up your own company provided you do not have any employees; any premises are only rented and equipment is not worth more than £5,000
  • You may leave and return to the UK at any time whilst your visa is still valid
  • You do not need sponsorship or a specific job offer

How Our Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa Solicitors Can Help

The requirements for the UK Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa are complex so it is best to take early legal advice to ensure the application is not refused and no mistake is made with the investment during the term of the investment.

Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application and carry out all the necessary due diligence to ensure that you meet all the legal requirements and provide all the correct supporting evidence.

In addition, we can assist you and your advisors with introductions to approved investment schemes, banks, wealth managers, estate agents and schools, so you and your family can quickly settle into your new life. 

We can also assist with your future business and personal requirements, for example:

Our international team can provide seamless legal services in the following languages:

In addition, our network of trusted business partners, can help you source and set up premises, obtain a business bank account and help you and your family settle in the UK.

More information about sole representative visa can be found at the government website GOV.UK – Tier 1 Investor Visa.  

Price & Service Transparency

At Monarch Solicitors we provide highly competitive legal fees for clients wishing to apply for the Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa. We will provide you with a breakdown of the routine legal costs for a simple Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa from the outset so that you can budget the costs and fees for the Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa.

Contact Our Tier 5 Worker Visa Solicitors

Our expert immigration lawyers are available to discuss your UK Tier 5 Temporary Worker visa option and the eligibility requirements.

Please contact our UK immigration lawyers for immediate assistance by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our UK immigration solicitors shall call you back. 

Alternatively, please call our immigration team on 0330 127 8888 for a free no obligation discussion.

Monarch’s award winning legal team are based in Manchester and London, serving clients nationally.

Contact Us Today

Free pdf download
Members of
Monarch Solicitors Brand Stripes


Most frequent questions and answers

Unfortunately, you cannot extend your Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa. There is currently no route to take to extend your stay in the UK after the end of your 2 year Tier 5 visa. You can, however, choose to apply for other visas such as the Start-up visa, the Innovator visa or the Tier 2 General Work visa. But you must first return to your country of origin first and then apply for the visa.

Under a Tier 5 visa you cannot:

  • Work as a professional sportsperson which also includes coaching
  • Work as a doctor or dentist in training unless you can show that you have a degree in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution and holds a sponsor licence under the Tier 4 points based system
  • Be self-employed if you do not rent premises, have more than £5,000 in equipment or have any employees

Solicitors you can trust

Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide 

Austin Kemp
Austin Kemp
Read More
"Monarch Solicitors provide exceptional, skilled attorney who handles client's cases with compassion and understanding. I recommend her highly!"
Peter Istrate
Peter Istrate
Moxels Digital Agency
Read More
"Shazda, not just that advised me for the best solution but she went beyond in advising for future needs that we may be having at our creative agency, so much that we decided to work with them exclusively. I highly recommend!"
Katie Sharp
Katie Sharp
Read More
"Used Monarch for a freehold Purchase. Excellent service was kept informed of the process. Always willing to have a chat if needed. Thanks in particular to Nasira for her help would definitely recommend"
Monarch Solicitors Google Reviews

Contact Us

If you need legal advice, call our expert solicitors or fill in our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Request a call back

Please provide us with your details and we will call you back.

subscribe to our newsletter

By signing up to our newsletter you agree to Monarch Solicitors’ Privacy Policy Terms