Skilled Worker Visa Solicitors in Manchester and London with expert knowledge of UK Visas
Skilled Worker visa is available for certain occupations under the points-based system, for any individual who obtains sponsorship from a UK employer looking to fill a long-term skilled position.
However, the UK has a skills shortage in the following sectors (updated 15 February 2022):
Health services and public health managers and directors – all jobs
Residential, day and domiciliary care managers and proprietors – all jobs
Chemical scientists – only jobs in the nuclear industry (Scotland only)
Biological scientists and biochemists – all jobs
Physical scientists – only the following jobs in the construction-related ground engineering industry:
Physical scientists – only the following jobs in the oil and gas industry:
Social and humanities scientists – only archaeologists
Civil engineers – all jobs
Mechanical engineers – all jobs
Electrical engineers – all jobs
Electronics engineers – all jobs
Design and development engineers – all jobs
Production and process engineers – all jobs
Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified – all jobs
IT business analysts, architects and systems designers – all jobs
Programmers and software development professionals – all jobs
Web design and development professionals – all jobs
Information technology and communications professionals not elsewhere classified – only cyber security specialists
Veterinarians – all jobs
Actuaries, economists and statisticians – only bio-informaticians and informaticians
Architects – all jobs
Quality control and planning engineers – all jobs
Laboratory technicians – all jobs
Artists – all jobs
Dancers and choreographers – only skilled classical ballet dancers or skilled contemporary dancers who meet the standard required by internationally recognised UK ballet or contemporary dance companies.
Musicians – only skilled orchestral musicians who are leaders, principals, sub-principals or numbered string positions, and who meet the standard required by internationally recognised UK orchestras.
Arts officers, producers and directors – all jobs
Graphic designers – all jobs
Welding trades – only high integrity pipe welders, where the job requires 3 or more years’ related on-the-job experience. This experience must not have been gained through illegal working
Care workers and home carers – private households or individuals (other than sole traders sponsoring someone to work for their business) cannot sponsor Skilled Worker applicants.
Senior care workers – all jobs
- Can stay up to 5 years before you need to extend your visa
- Can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like
- Can apply for Indefinite to Remain after 5 years
- Can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK
- Can get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks if you apply inside the UK or 8 weeks if you apply from outside the UK
- Can work in an eligible job
- Can study
- Can bring your family with you
- Can take on additional work in certain circumstances
- Can do voluntary work
- Can travel abroad and return to the UK
- You must meet the validity, suitability, eligibility requirements for Skilled Worker
- You must have a confirmed job offer
- You must work for an approved UK employer
- You must have a certificate of sponsorship
- You must be taking up a job in one of the eligible occupations
- You must be paid a minimum salary
- You must meet the English language requirement
- You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK
The exact requirements will vary depending on your circumstances.
How we can help
At Monarch Solicitors, we can help you prepare your application and ensure all the criteria are met. This can include preparing a sponsorship licence for your employer if they do not already have one.
Contact Our Skilled Worker Visa Solicitors
We would like to discuss your Skilled Worker Visa requirements directly to find out how we can help.
Please contact our immigration team by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our solicitors shall call you back.
Alternatively, please call our immigration solicitors on 0330 127 8888 for a free no-obligation discussion.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide