Immigration Solicitors in Manchester and London Specialising in the EU Settlement Scheme
After 30 June 2021 the rights of EU, EEA and Swiss citizens will be changing as a result of Brexit. The UK will no longer be a party to the free movement of people so for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens to remain in the UK they will need to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme. Note that if you are an Irish Citizen you do not need to apply.
Benefits of the EU Settlement Scheme
- Remain in the UK to continue living and working after 30 June 2021
- You will be given either settled or pre-settled status
- Can work in the UK
- Use the NHS for free
- Enrol in education
- Access public funds, if you are eligible
- Travel in and out of the UK freely
Specific Eligibility Criteria for the EU Settlement Scheme
- You will be given settled status if you have been in the UK continuously for 5 years
- You will be given pre-settled status if you began living in the UK before 31 December 2020 and do not yet have 5 continuous years in the UK
- You can apply to convert pre-settled status into settled status after 5 years
- If you have any children in the UK whilst under settled status, they will automatically be British Citizens
- Cannot spend more than 5 continuous years outside the UK on settled status or you will lose the status
- Your family can join you before 31 December 2020 and then apply to the settlement scheme
- If you are a citizen of an EU Country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland you may still be able to bring family to the UK after 31 December 2020 if your relationship with that person began before the December date and your relationship continues
- You have not committed any major crimes
- You can show proof of your identity and your residency in the UK
- You can still apply if you moved to the UK before the UK became a member of the EU
How our EU Settlement Scheme solicitors can help
Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application for a EU Settlement Scheme. Our expert immigration lawyers shall help you ensure that you application meets the eligibility requirements and ensure you submit all the correct supporting documents.
We can also assist with your future requirements, for example:
Our international team can provide seamless legal services in the following languages:
In addition, our network of trusted business partners, can help you source and set up premises, obtain a business bank account and help you and your family settle in the UK.
Free UK Visa Guide
To assist companies and workers through the business visa options available, please see our FREE PDF GUIDE ON PERSONAL IMMIGRATION or download a copy from the right-hand side of this page.
Our free personal immigration guide covers:
More information about sole representative visa can be found at the government website GOV.UK – Work Visa. Price & Service Transparency
At Monarch Solicitors we provide highly competitive legal fees for clients wishing to apply for the personal visas. We will provide you with a breakdown of the routine legal costs for a simple freehold purchase from the outset so that you can budget the visa costs and fees.
Contact our EU Settlement Scheme Solicitors
Our expert immigration lawyers are available to discuss your UK Personal visa option and the eligibility requirements.
Please contact our UK immigration lawyers for immediate assistance by sending an email to us at [email protected] and one of our UK immigration solicitors shall call you back.
Alternatively, please call our immigration team on 0330 127 8888 for a free no obligation discussion.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Those subject to immigration control and holders of an Unmarried Partner Visa or Same-Sex Partner Visa will not be able to rely on public funds during their limited leave to remain visas.
If you are a single parent, the following conditions will need to be met for your child to obtain a UK Dependant Visa:
- You are the sole surviving parent of the child(ren); or
- You have ‘sole responsibility’ for the child(ren); or
- There are serious or compelling family considerations which must be considered by an immigration official examining your application.
The best way to prove you and your spouse/civil partner have been cohabitating over the course of your visa is to provide items such as utility bills in both your names and bank statements showing rent or mortgage payments coming out of a joint account as part of the documents you submit with your visa extension application.
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide