UK Representative of an Overseas Business Visa Solicitors in Manchester and London with expert knowledge of UK Visas
The Representative of an Overseas Business visa allows employees of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation to work on a UK long-term assignment.
- Can apply for the visa 3 months before you travel if you apply from outside the UK
- Can get a decision within 3 weeks if you apply from outside the UK or 8 weeks if you apply inside the UK
- Can extend for another 2 years after the initial period of 3 years
- Can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years of residence
- Can work for your employer
- Can bring your family with you
- Can study subject to restrictions
- You must meet the validity, suitability, eligibility requirements for a Representative of an Overseas Business
- You must have enough money to support yourself
- You must meet the English language requirement
- You must provide a full description of the parent company’s activities
- You must provide confirmation that you will be representing the company in the UK in a long term, full-time role
- You must be an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation, posted by your employer on a long-term assignment in the UK
- You must have been recruited and employed outside the UK by the business
- You must intend to work full-time as a representative of that overseas business only
- The business must have, and intend to continue to have, its headquarters and principal place of business outside the UK
The exact requirements will vary depending on your circumstances.
How we can help
The requirements for the Representative of an Overseas Business visa can seem complicated so it is best to take early legal advice to ensure the application is not refused. Monarch Solicitors can help you in the preparation of your application and ensure that you meet all the legal requirements and provide all the correct supporting evidence.
Call us for a free initial consultation
Solicitors you can trust
Client satisfaction is paramount to use so we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the service we provide