Paralegal Job at Monarch Solicitors
We always welcome expression of interests from paralegals with acute commercial awareness, excellent written English, and who have completed the LPC or the BPTC course. Experience is desirable but not necessary.
We have paralegal opportunities in our Manchester Office, for the following roles:
- Corporate Paralegal
- Property Paralegal
- Litigation Paralegal
- Immigration Paralegal
You will have a rare opportunity to learn and develop in all aspects of the litigation department and handle all the firms contentious work and non contentious work.
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full responsibility and early client access.
This opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focussed, self-driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of case work.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for individuals with the following skills & experience:
- Good understanding of company, contract and property law
- Strong commercial awareness for opportunities for the firm and the clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to review cases, provide good quality legal advice and case strategy
- Ability to multi task, wear different ‘hats’ and deal with competing priorities without delay
- Ability to bring cases to an early resolution
- Focus on results over and above the client’s expectations and experience of delivering exceptional results for the client
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in either property, litigation, corporate or immigration work
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Ability to take new enquiries from potential clients and engage new work and clients
- Ability to ensure clients are regularly billed, client debts are kept to a bare minimum
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and bill to monthly targets
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running
- Self-discipline to take responsibility of own work and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality traits required: High Personal Standards, Ability to work under pressure, Driven, Adaptable, Enthusiastic, Proactive, Team Player and can do attitude
- Additional languages (including Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian or Polish) would be advantageous but not necessary
What’s In It For You:
This opportunity is unrivalled by any other law firm
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and clients
- Exposure to marketing and business development
- Exposure to 16 legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law!
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it
Monarch Solicitors are a niche and respected, award winning commercial law firm based near Spinningfields, Manchester. We are 2 minutes walking distance from Salford central and about 10 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
- Our small but client focused team has become a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and have a significant following in the Chinese market.
- Our ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how we deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
Applications: Apply now with a CV and cover letter for an immediate interview to [email protected]
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.