Property Solicitor Opportunities at Monarch Solicitors
We are recruiting for a property solicitor with acute commercial awareness, excellent written and spoken English, and who have completed the LPC or the BPTC course. Experience is desirable but not necessary.
You will have a rare opportunity to learn and develop in all aspects of the property department and handle all the firms non contentious property work.
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full responsibility and early client access.
This opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focused, self-driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of case work.
The Ideal Candidate:
- LPC/BPTC Graduate
- Highly conversant with the conveyancing process and case management
- Good understanding of company, contract and property law
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in property transactions
- Ability to maintain a case list and diary for each stage of the process
- Strong commercial awareness for opportunities for the firm and the clients Ability to take new enquiries from potential clients and engage new work and clients
- Ability to multi task, wear different ‘hats’ and deal with competing priorities without delay
- Focus on results over and above the client’s expectations and experience of delivering exceptional results for the client
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Desire to run a complex and varied workload
- Interested in developing the department and to win new work
- Good understanding of landlord & tenant law, commercial property, residential conveyancing and property law
- Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer/client service Self-discipline to take responsibility of own work and deadlines and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Strong IT skills to use case management system
- Ability to time record and mange billable time on files
- Ability to ensure clients are regularly billed, client debts are kept to a bare minimum
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and bill to monthly targets
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality traits required: High personal standards, ability to work under pressure, driven, adaptable, enthusiastic, proactive, team player, commercial awareness and can do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency (written and spoken) in additional languages (including Mandarin, Cantonese, Turkish or Arabic) would be advantageous but not necessary
What’s In It For You:
- Constant learning & development opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and client
- Greater exposure to fee earning work than traditional firms
- Autonomy in the role, yet with full support from management
- Exposure to marketing and business development
- Exposure to various legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it
Monarch Solicitors are a niche and respected, award winning commercial law firm based near Spinningfields, Manchester. We are 2 minutes walking distance from Salford central and about 15 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
- Our small but client focused team has become a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and have a significant following in the international and Chinese market
- Our ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how we deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
For more information about our firm please visit our website: www.monarchsolicitors.com
Apply now with a CV and cover letter for an immediate interview.
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES – NO CALLS FROM AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.