Litigation Paralegal Job at Monarch Solicitors
We are recruiting for paralegals with acute commercial awareness, excellent written English, and who have completed the LPC or the BPTC course. Experience is desirable but not necessary.
You will have a rare opportunity to learn and develop in all aspects of the litigation department and handle all the firms contentious work and non-contentious work.
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full responsibility and early client access.
This opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focused, self-driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of case work.
Qualifications and Skills:
- We are ideally looking for a paralegal with experience. Although training can be provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- LPC/BPTC Graduate
- Highly conversant with civil procedure rules and litigation case management
- Good understanding of company, contract and property law
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in litigation, such as a particulars of claim, witness statements, costs schedules, applications, orders, part 36 offers
- Ability to manage all aspects of the litigation department
- Ability to bring cases to an early resolution (either by settlement or trial)
- Ability to review cases, provide good quality legal advice and case strategy
- Ability to multi task, wear different ‘hats’ and deal with competing priorities without delay
- Focus on results over and above the client’s expectations and experience of delivering exceptional results for the client
- Strong commercial awareness for opportunities for the firm and the clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and maintain a regular schedule of hearings, court appearances and conferences based on case requirements in the firm’s electronic diary and case list.
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Ability to take enquiries from potential clients and sell the firms services and sign up the client
- Ability to ensure clients are regularly billed, client debts are kept to a bare minimum
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and bill to monthly targets
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running
- Self-discipline to take responsibility own work and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality Traits required: High Personal Standards, Ability to work under pressure, Driven, Adaptable, Enthusiastic, Proactive, Team Player and can do attitude
What’s in it for you:
This opportunity is unrivalled by any other law firm
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and clients
- Exposure to marketing and business development
- Exposure to various legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law!
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it
Monarch Solicitors are a niche and respected, award winning commercial law firm based near Spinningfields, Manchester. We are 2 minutes walking distance from Salford central and about 10 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
- Our small but client focused team has become a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and have a significant following in the Chinese market.
- Our ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how we deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
For more in about our firm please visit our website: www.monarchsolicitors.com
Applications: Apply now with a CV and cover letter for an immediate interview.
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES – NO CALLS FROM AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.