Property Paralegal Job at Monarch Solicitors
We are recruiting for paralegals with acute commercial awareness, excellent written and spoken English, and who have completed the LPC or the BPTC course. Experience is desirable but not necessary.
You will have a rare opportunity to learn and develop in all aspects of the property department and handle all the firms non contentious property work.
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full responsibility and early client access.
This opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focused, self-driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of case work.
Qualifications and Skills:
- We are ideally looking for a paralegal with experience. Although training can be provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- LPC/BPTC Graduate
- Highly conversant with the conveyancing process and case management
- Good understanding of company, contract and property law
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in property transactions
- Ability to maintain a case list and diary for each stage of the process
- Strong commercial awareness for opportunities for the firm and the clients Ability to take new enquiries from potential clients and engage new work and clients
- Ability to multi task, wear different ‘hats’ and deal with competing priorities without delay
- Focus on results over and above the client’s expectations and experience of delivering exceptional results for the client
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Desire to run a complex and varied workload
- Interested in developing the department and to win new work
- Good understanding of landlord & tenant law, commercial property, residential conveyancing and property law
- Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer/client service Self-discipline to take responsibility of own work and deadlines and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Strong IT skills to use case management system
- Ability to time record and mange billable time on files
- Ability to ensure clients are regularly billed, client debts are kept to a bare minimum
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and bill to monthly targets
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality traits required: High personal standards, ability to work under pressure, driven, adaptable, enthusiastic, proactive, team player, commercial awareness and can do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s In It For You:
- Constant learning & development opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and client
- Greater exposure to fee earning work than traditional firms
- Autonomy in the role, yet with full support from management
- Exposure to marketing and business development
- Exposure to various legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it
Monarch Solicitors are a niche and respected, award winning commercial law firm based near Spinningfields, Manchester. We are 2 minutes walking distance from Salford central and about 15 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
- Our small but client focused team has become a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and have a significant following in the international and Chinese market
- Our ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how we deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
For more information about our firm please visit our website: www.monarchsolicitors.com
Apply now with a CV and cover letter for an immediate interview.
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES – NO CALLS FROM AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.