Corporate Solicitor Vacancy at Monarch Solicitors
You will have a rare opportunity to learn and develop in all aspects of the corporate department and handle all the firms contentious work and non-contentious work.
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full responsibility and early client access.
This opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focused, self-driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of case work.
Qualifications and Skills:
- We are ideally looking for a paralegal with experience. Although training can be provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- LPC/BPTC Graduate
- Highly conversant with preparation of documents such as Board Minutes, Written Resolutions for a variety of transactions (including sale and purchases – both shares and assets, restructures, shares/shareholder arrangements)
- Good understanding of company, contract and property law
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in a corporate transaction, dealing with and incorporating companies and arranging Companies House filings
- Ability to manage all aspects of the corporate department
- Ability to review and report on due diligence documents and provide good quality legal advice
- Ability to multi task, wear different ‘hats’ and deal with competing priorities without delay
Ability to provide transactional support on corporate projects, handle mergers & acquisitions, disposals, private equity transactions, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, reorganisations, corporate structures, and governance
- Focus on results over and above the client’s expectations and experience of delivering exceptional results for the client
- Strong commercial awareness for opportunities for the firm and the clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Ability to take enquiries from potential clients and sell the firms services and sign up the client
- Ability to ensure clients are regularly billed, client debts are kept to a bare minimum
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and bill to monthly targets
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running
- Self-discipline to take responsibility own work and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality Traits required: High Personal Standards, Ability to work under pressure, Driven, Adaptable, Enthusiastic, Proactive, Team Player and can do attitude
What’s in it for you:
This opportunity is unrivalled by any other law firm
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and clients
- Exposure to marketing and business development
- Exposure to various legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law!
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it
Monarch Solicitors are a niche and respected, award winning commercial law firm based near Spinningfields, Manchester. We are 2 minutes walking distance from Salford central and about 10 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
- Our small but client focused team has become a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and have a significant following in the Chinese market.
- Our ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how we deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
For more in about our firm please visit our website: www.monarchsolicitors.com
Applications: Apply now with a CV and cover letter for an immediate interview.
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES – NO CALLS FROM AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.